Sunday, October 24, 2010

What a weekend

Well I finally did it .... a classmate goaded and taunted me until I actually entered Steeler in an agility trial.  :-)  So this weekend Steeler competed in his first "real" AKC trial in Falmouth at the Cape Cod Kennel club show.  It was a three day trial and I decided that if I was going to enter I might as well enter everything.  Friday was Novice FAST, Novice Standard and then Novice Jumpers.  I think we finished around 6PM and it was a COLD and windy day.  Steeler had some nice moments in all of his classes, but did a LOT of visiting with the ring crew in his FAST and Standard runs.  He did however Q in Jumpers with weaves.  YAY!  I was exhausted by the time we got home!  Saturday was another long day, but it wasn't quite as cold and windy.  Today we actually were finished by 3 PM I think since we just had Standard and Jumpers.  Friday's video's are below - but if you want to check out the rest of the weekend - check out our youtube channel.

novice standard -



novice FAST -



And here is Novice Jumpers with weaves for a Q and second place




All things considered - we had a great weekend!  Steeler Q'd twice in Jumpers with a second and third place, he didn't leave the ring, he didn't get snarky with any dogs and he was good hanging out ringside.  Now we just need to work on visiting the ring crew.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats Jenn!!!! That is awesome!!!! WTG!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katrin! Now we need to work on letting Steeler run NAKED! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, I think you both did awesome! Seriously. Just looks like a little bit of stress/ring nerves here and there (probably on both sides?) and nothing that some positive experiences can't help. I'm guessing that you were able to keep a better connection overall in JWW - for whatever reason. Maybe it was the start, the course, not having to stop, not as much to look at - who knows. But really, I think you both look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Jenn and Steeler! I'm glad you finally took the plunge...and look how well he did!! We're very proud of the two of you and hope that this will be the start of a long and successful agility career.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kim! I think you are right ... I know I have been working on trying to treat matches and trials in all venues the same as class - It is a lot better than it was - but I think we still have a ways to go. And Jumpers is fast and fun so there is less of a chance to loose our connection. I tried really not to get upset with him for visiting - cause really I can work through that - and I felt like we finished all the courses connected except for one. So that is pretty darn good in my book. :-) And I didn't require a valium drip. hahahahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lisa!

    we will get there - probably no more trials this year because of the whole moving thing. But lookout 2011!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, Jenn and Steeler! I am so happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete